"Property Management Built for You."
Emerald Coast property management is competitive—especially vacation rental property management. It makes sense: the vacation rental industry has seen jaw-dropping growth (2x the growth of the travel sector in general!), with more projected.
As a homeowner looking for a property management company for your second home or rental investment, you have your pick of companies. We'd say you're lucky to have options, but we also know it's tough to be confident in your final decision.
Let us tell you a little bit about Salty Escapes, and what makes us different.
We're Boutique. Property management companies range from small mom-and-pops to the Big Guys with thousands of properties. Salty Escapes falls on the "small" end of the spectrum and we like it that way. We want to know our homeowners (and their families) by name, and to make your goals our goals. That means:
- Customized plans to fit your unique goals and property
- Meticulous property care
- A passionate team of locals, including owner/operator and Destin native Lauren Callahan
- 24/7 support to ensure all guest issues are handled promptly
- Total flexibility in your business and marketing plan, with as much or as little input as you want to provide
- Referral program for owners who tell their neighbors and friends about us and decide to join the family
We're Forward-Thinking. Just because we're small doesn't mean we aren't mighty. We have decades of experience in hospitality and property management. We know and understand the latest technology to streamline guest stays and marketing strategies to help you book more nights at your property. Like:
- Keyless locks for convenient self check-in and check-out
- Smart Home Automation
- Alexa in-room concierge
- Digital Guest Guidebooks
- Decibel readers (to monitor potential parties or other unauthorized activity at your property)
- Professional Photography & Videography, including aerial shots to fully showcase the property
- Easy to use online owner portal to view statements, make owner reservations and view rental calendar
- State-of-the-art, bio-degradable, disposable sheet sets available to meet the special requests of our guest
- Continuous research of new tools and resources that can better improve our operation.
- Frequent attendance at vacation rental conferences around the country
We Offer Professional Hospitality. With us, the guest experience is far from an afterthought. It's our reason for being! Many property management companies will take the booking dollars and disappear; we strive to create a perfect experience for guests, beginning to end. That includes:
- We answer and respond quickly. No frustrations of sitting on hold for hours, disconnected and unable to reach someone. We answer and get it done.
- Operate with highest level of integrity, morals and ethics that guide all business decisions with applying the simple philosophy of 'Doing the Right Thing'.
- Provide personalized service at every opportunity
- Locally based with ability to quickly and effectively resolve any guest issues or items in need of attention.
- Full-service concierge services (no more calling around to a million vendors for activity tickets, restaurant reservations, or grocery delivery; we take care of it all!)
- Holiday in-room decorations and extras for special occasions
- Special event surprises and extras for guests celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other milestones while staying with us.
- Custom packages available for Golf Groups, Tennis Groups, Mommy’s Getaways, Bachelor Parties, Bachelorette Parties, Family Fun, Fishing Packages, Holiday Packages, Spa Packages and more
- Fully licensed and insured.
- Owner/operator, Lauren, holds an active FL Real Estate Sales License, Vacation Rental License and earned a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, Recreation and Resort Management. In addition to two decades of service, hospitality and property management experience.
No Hidden Fees. Destin property management fees can be very high...and very misleading. At Salty Escapes, we clearly outline our simple and transparent fee structure and never stray from it.
- Low introductory management fees
- No mark-up on work orders or services completed. Owners pay exactly what the vendor charges and is a simple pass through for ease of transaction.
- Complimentary minor maintenance program for replacing air filters, lightbulbs within reach, batteries, replacing worn or broken items, and any other items that can be quickly remedied during an inspection of the property.
- Cost management and well thought out service planning and coordination to minimize expenses
What Does Vacation Property Management Mean to Us?
It was 10:30 p.m.—at the height of peak season at my property management job before Salty Escapes—when my phone rang.
A guest, calling about a mysterious and ongoing beeping noise at his vacation rental. Mystified, I leapt out of bed to troubleshoot. Smoke detector? Appliance with a timer? HVAC system? Nope, nope, and nope. With two kids asleep, I couldn’t leave home, but I was determined to find a solution.
Time to phone a friend. I dialed my go-to maintenance partner and within 15 minutes, he arrived at the guest’s home to take a listen. Then he burst into laughter, still on the phone with me.
The culprit? A board game buzzer, lodged out of sight in the guest's own suitcase.
We all shared a sigh of relief (and a laugh). Most importantly, our guests enjoyed the rest of their stay.
We look back fondly on that memory. In part because it ended well, and in part because you won't find situations like that in any other industry but vacation rentals (and we like it that way). But it also shows the way we approach all of our guest relations—with care and concern, swift attention, and a dash of light-heartedness.
Curious about property management and vacation rental accommodations in Destin? Please contact us to learn more!